Rice Competitiveness Enhancement Fund – Seed and Extension
The Philippines lifted its quantitative restrictions on imported rice as part of the countryâ€™s obligation to the World Trade Organization (WTO), which the country is a member since 1995. For 22 years, WTO had allowed the Philippines to limit the entry of rice imports as the country prepares its farmers for international competition. The intergovernmental organization had granted several extensions for special treatment on rice until it expired in June 2017.
To help rice farmers become competitive in a free trade regime, Philippine Rice Research Institute (PhilRice) implements the seed component of the Rice Competitiveness Enhancement Fund (RCEF) created thru Republic Act 11203 or Rice Trade Liberalization Law. Under the program, PhilRice will develop, propagate, and promote inbred rice seeds. Mandated to promote high-quality inbred rice seeds to about 2 million farmers in 57 provinces, PhilRice will also enhance farmersâ€™ skill and knowledge on rice production.
The seed component of RCEF is hoped to contribute in increasing yield up to 6t/ha in high-yielding provinces and 5t/ha in medium-yielding provinces by 2024. The program also aims to lower production cost by 30%, reduce postharvest losses to 12%, and trim down marketing cost by P1/kg.
- Magsasakang benepisyaryo ng RCEF-Seed Program
- PalaywakinAngGaling Webisode 2: Patag Dapat. Walang Mataas, Walang Mababa
- A Day in the Life of a Farmer by Roxie Baeyens (Part 2)
- A Day in the Life of a Farmer by Roxie Baeyens (Part 1)
- WEBISODE 1: LIBRENG TRAINING, ENROLL NA!
- PRIMER: Palaywakin ang galing #yunPALAYun
- Bagong pananaw sa agrikultura
- Panayam nina Florencio Flores at Pablo Arpia tungkol sa tulong na naiibigay ng PalayCheck Primer (Sariaya, Quezon)
- Pagpamimigay ng certified seeds sa mga magsasaka para sa tag-ulan!
- Panayam ng RSTC (Rice Specialist Training Course) graduate na si Junalyn Palco
- Panayam ng RSTC (Rice Specialist Training Course) graduate na si Mary Jane Ata
- Panayam ng mga graduates ng Training of Trainers
- Panayam nina Rogel Comesario at Rody BaÃ±ago
- Paghahanda ng Lupa
- Sabayang Pagtatanim at Pamamahala ng Peste
- Dami ng Binhi: Lipat-Tanim at Sabog-Tanim
- Paggamit ng Drumseeder
- Pamamahala ng Sustansya
- Pagpaparami ng Binhi
- Maling Akala at Katotohanan sa Pagpapalayan
- KeyCheck 1: Gumamit ng dekalidad na binhi
- KeyCheck 2: Patag na Lupa
- KeyCheck 3: Nagtanim nang sabayan matapos pagpahingahin ang lupa
- KeyCheck 4: May Sapat na malulusog na punla
- KeyCheck 5: Sapat na sustansya sa panahon ng pagsusuwi hanggang paglilihi at pamumulaklak
- KeyCheck 6: Naiwasan ang sobra o kulang na tubig na nakakaapekto sa paglaki at ani ng palay
- KeyCheck 7: Hindi bumaba ang ani dahil sa mga peste
- KeyCheck 8: Inani ang palay sa tamang panahon
- KeyCheck 9: Pinatuyo, nilinis, at inimbak nang maayos ang palay
- PalayCheckSystem 2020 – Revised edition for trainers and extensionist
- Sistemang PalayCheck para sa palayang may patubig
- Gabay sa makabagong pagpapalayan
Frequently Asked Questions