|PLOS (Public Library of Science) is a nonprofit publisher and advocacy organization with a mission of leading a transformation in scientific and medical research communication. Every article they publish is open-access – freely available online for anyone to use. They include:
- PLOS ONE. The world’s first multidisciplinary Open Access journal, PLOS ONE accepts scientifically rigorous research, regardless of novelty. PLOS ONE’s broad scope provides a platform to publish primary research including interdisciplinary and replication studies as well as negative results. The journal’s publication criteria are based on high ethical standards and the rigor of the methodology and conclusions reported.
- PLOS GENETICS reflects the full breadth, interdisciplinary nature and impact of genetics and genomics research on science and medicine. The journal’s emphasis is on studies of broad interest that provide significant insight into a biological process or processes.
- PLOS COMPUTATIONAL BIOLOGY. By making connections through the application of computational methods among disparate areas of biology, PLOS Computational Biology provides substantial new insight into living systems at all scales, from the nano to the macro, and across multiple disciplines, from molecular science, neuroscience and physiology to ecology and population biology.
- PLOS PATHOGENS. Reflecting the full breadth of research on bacteria, fungi, parasites, prions and viruses, PLOS Pathogens publishes outstanding original research and commentary that significantly advance the understanding of pathogens and how they interact with their host organisms.
- PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases. The first journal solely devoted to the world’s most neglected tropical diseases, PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases publishes leading research and commentary on all scientific, medical, political and public health aspects of these forgotten diseases affecting the world’s most neglected people.
- PLOS Medicine. An influential venue for research and commentary on the major challenges to human health worldwide, PLOS Medicine publishes articles of general interest on biomedical, environmental, social and political determinants of health. The journal emphasizes work that advances clinical practice, health policy or pathophysiological understanding to benefit health in a variety of settings.
- PLOS Biology. With a readership that encompasses the scientific community as well as educators, policy makers and members of the public, PLOS Biology publishes articles of exceptional significance, originality and relevance in all areas of biological science, from molecules to ecosystems, including work at the interface of other disciplines, such as chemistry, medicine, physics and mathematics.